Upfront: /ʌpˈfrʌnt,ˈʌp-/ ‘Bold, frank, honest’
Upfront aims to:
- Bring audiences with complex needs to the front of artists and venues agenda when making and programming work.
- Develop peer learning and support for artists who are committed to making performance for and with individuals with learning disabilities and complex needs.
- Progress and contribute to practice-based creative research, and critical thought in the field.
- Establish a database of artists in the UK and internationally who specialise in making work for and with individuals with learning disabilities and complex needs.
- Provide discussions, debates, sharings and opportunities for networking and collaboration.
- Break down fear surrounding the area by discussing the political, social and practical barriers that may be encountered when making work for this audience.
- Focus on artistic quality and innovation, and to connect with what is at the forefront of contemporary theatre.
Our goals are unapologetically ambitious. We are Upfront and confident about the significant impact we can have in this field.